Sunday, January 16, 2011

Introspective


It's that time of year when everyone starts making resolutions and wish lists and I am no different. Sometimes all this soul searching and self focus can feel a little selfish but I have always thought it is important to set oneself goals, tasks and challenges in order to stay out of limbo (and stay sane).

Nevertheless and without trying to sound cliche at all, there is a lot I need to get organised for this year for there is a lot I want to achieve.
Not all of this will happen in the same year of course, but the promise of a fresh year marks the start of the journey, making progress in the right direction.

To start with, the boring (and annoyingly necessary) issue of money. Getting my finances in order, my savings working properly for me and also investing a little here and there.

Note to self: Will need help on this front,
so lucky I have a banking connections with patience

The search for investment properties/places to live continues.
Not quite ready to up and leave yet, but keeping my eyes wide open on the market for any opportunities that arise. I am SO keen to be out on my own, but all when i am ready. I know I cant expect to find perfection but when i find one that is right i'll know.


Now for my body and mind.

I feel healthier physically than I have in years, but theres always a need to improve and maintain that so I will continue. I would like to get back into yoga this year too.
It seems the healthier I keep my body, the healthier and more positive my mine stays.

Now that my job is keeping me positive, and my family and relationships are in good order (best holiday season yet!)... the silly season is now drawing to a close and it's time to get focussed.

I have had an urge to study again for awhile now, but while I was getting my worklife in order it took a backseat. I've now had time to think about the future and where I want to be.

In order to better prepare myself the the gap must be filled!

I am still looking into the correct course of action here, more research is needed. I am reading up on business courses and discussing with the relevant parties.
I am looking at the Open Universities pathway for my next degree as I will be continuing to work full time and they seem to have the resources to facilitate this.


It's time for growth in all things good in 2011.
Good Luck everyone

1 comment: