Sunday, May 2, 2010

Nobel Prize Beginners


Shopped for some work clothes, managed to trim my hair (still not sure if i'll put my fringe back in, but thats not the point here) and then went out, exhausting, but all in all a good weekend.


Saturday night turned into a reunion night.

Saw a lot of people I normally don't/haven't in a while, and spent time talking with each of them. It was refreshing and no effort at all, so also, quite surprising.

Finished the evening with a few of my favourite people, talking into the early hours of the morning about anything and everything, before taking myself home through thick fog and emerging at daybreak. It was almost metaphoric.

After a few short hours sleep, met Matty for dumplings.
And now? A fresh copy of Vogue, watching Vicky Christina Barcelona(love this movie) and thoughts of my new life.

Well, my new job at least.

But I am planning on making some changes, there is a lot I want to accomplish and need to work towards, so with this, comes change.

First day, tomorrow, 10am start
(easy does it, after 4 month hiatus).
I have to buy a weekly rail pass. Just a reminder.
I can't wait to go, so keen to get started. I have so many plans.
Nervous excitement. It's been a while since I've felt that first day jitters.
Trying to stay positive and optimistic, and not come down on myself before anything has even happened.

Maybe I'll even take a packed lunch.

--------------------------------

I have also started sorting out my wardrobe to make some much needed space.
So far, this has meant a pile of clothe dragged out and left to die in the spare room. Until I have another moment to continue.
Stay tuned.


Also, I will buy this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment